Period Design Consultation
A renewed interest in the decorative styles of the past has created a substantial number of new and important clients looking to recreate classical styles of ornamentation. Whether a gothic mansion, an elaborate French paneled dining room or an English neoclassical bedroom. The challenge lies in delivering the highest quality traditions of craftsmanship and accuracy while keeping within the confines of a budget.
In addition, if these large and sophisticated projects are to succeed, these traditional handcraft trades have to understand and work alongside everything else that is happening on the site.
Sadly, it is increasingly difficult to find designers and artisans, still in business, with the experience and knowledge to meet all these important requirements and the capacity to handle them.
At Agrell Architectural Carving, our decades of experience in complex historical projects have taught us that tackling these issues early in the design process will save you time and money while still giving you quality, delivery and cost. Working together, we will ensure your client's dream is realized.
New York – Paris – London - Abu Dhabi - Shanghai. Wherever you are we offer comprehensive service—not only in architectural woodcarving but also through our network of colleagues in the other decorative arts and trades.
Wood carved boarder design by Thomas Chippendale : Hand carved by Agrell Architectural Carving
Our Period Style Design Consultation service provides:
• Hands-on project management. Monitoring of quality, costs and delivery throughout the construction and installation process
• Viable solutions for addressing costs without compromising quality
• Resources, that help provide ideas and options for your clients
• Evaluation of artisans for skill, cost and deliverability, and assistance with meeting those goals
• Detailed renderings to present to your clients and directly to the artisans
• Ornamental carving which is historically and stylistically accurate
Here are three videos of Buckingham palace 1 and 2 by the BBC and the third a slide show :
RADIO INTERVIEW: Listen to Ian being interviewed on radio by a client of ours in the USA, Brent Hull Companies http://brenthullcompanies.com.There is a lot that can be learned about woodcarving from this interview.